We believe that children learn best when they are inspired, engaged and challenged in their work. At Brocks Hill Primary School we have devised an ambitious and sequential curriculum in which deep curriculum knowledge, key skills and attitudes are taught. Our children access a curriculum that develops them as individuals, challenges their mind-set, excites their imagination and is relevant to their lives. We aim to create meaningful learning experiences which prepare all children for life long learning.
We have built and shaped our curriculum around the concept of a learning tree. This recognises that different type of knowledge and skills are important in the development of a ‘whole’ child.
The foundation of Lionheart Trust is built on a perfect balance of Academic Excellence and Holistic Development. We realise the importance of delivering quality first teaching; developing well-rounded young people and preparing them for life beyond education. Our education mission is simple:
ANY young person from ANY background deserves an EQUAL chance to be successful in whatever they choose to do.
We dedicate ourselves to providing young people with the strongest foundation for success, during their time in education and beyond. These values are underpinned by using the ‘6Rs’.
- Respect: Treat everyone respectfully, be polite and helpful to everyone and everything.
- Reciprocity: learning to work together and show care and understanding for each other.
- Responsibility: being accountable for my own learning behaviour and completing tasks to the best of my ability.
- Reflection: considering what needs to be done to make the next step.
- Resourcefulness: having the confidence to ask for help and find answers in new ways.
- Resilience: The ability to bounce back when the going gets tough.
The ‘6Rs’ encourage our children to take responsibility for their own learning and help them flourish into well rounded and aspiring individuals.