Apply for Secondary School
Secondary schools usually host open evenings for year 7 entry the following year every September and it is encouraged that you attend these, when your child is in year 6, to get a feel for the schools.Event details will be shared here each year, when known.You will then be able to make an informed choice to apply for your child's secondary school place before 31st October in the year when they are a year 6 pupil.
- Parents can apply for a place by using the On-line Admissions system (paper forms on request) on the Leicestershire County Council website
You can contact Admissions on: Telephone: 0116 305 6684
- Use the LCC’s ‘find a school’ search to see catchment maps for schools and a list of schools within your local area. The ‘Your Guide to Education’ section has all the information required for entry to schools for September.
- Closing date for transfer applications for September 2022 intake is October 2021.
- Results for the 2021/22 transfers will be made available on 1st March 2022. To get your results sign onto ‘Online Admissions’ using your user name and password with which you made the application, then click on the results link.
- If your child has been refused a place in the school you have applied to, you have the right to appeal against this decision
Mid term (in year) admissions
All mid term (in year) admissions for students in years 7-11 must go through the local authority at www.leicestershire.gov.uk/education-and-children/schools-colleges-and-academies/school-admissions/apply-to-move-school